With graduations right around the corner, graduation party planning and open houses are in full swing. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite creative party ideas for your graduation party, from invitations to decorations to easy party food and more! Read on for my top 21 creative graduation party ideas.
1. Keep invitations simple (and colorful!): I love these confetti YAY invites from Swoozie’s. Ordering invites online is fast and easy.
2. Or customize fun printable vintage ticket invites: Like these from etsy. Order in your school colors or the guest of honor’s favorite color or in black and white and print on colored paper.
3. Use Senior Photos for a fun photo invite: I love these simple photo card invites from Shutterfly. It’s a great way to share senior photos with friends and family.
4. Forgo a normal guest book for a fun game: Instead of a guest book that will soon be forgotten, Must Have Mom had guests write a memory on a jenga block. What a great idea that could also be used at a wedding reception or retirement party.
5. Have guests sign a t-shirt: Grab a t-shirt from the graduates soon-to-be University and have guests sign their names and well wishes in permanent ink, like this one from Work in Progress Kits. This would also be fun to do with their high school shirt or uniform.
6. Or use a wooden letter for a guest book: This giant wooden E from etsy is a great keepsake- have guest sign or write messages for a unique piece of dorm room art.
7. Decorate with school colors and an inspiration poster: Pink Peppermint Design created a modern dessert table using school colors, fun garland, and a giant inspiration sign that could be re-used as a great art piece. I love the gold star balloons and geometric cake that matches the garland.
8. Make a banner from colored paper and string: This banner from My Dirty Aprons would be easy to make with a printer and some colored paper. Use school colors and decorations from the graduates high school or soon-to-be college or university.
9. Cut out letters and decor with colored paper: One Charming Party made a fun cake topper and YAY! sign using colored paper. This would be quick and simple to recreate with any message or shape.
10. Use plastic tablecloths in school colors: We Heart Parties used multiple plastic tablecloths in rainbow colors for this party. You could alternate school colors for a similar look.
11. Make a statement with giant mylar balloons: These giant mylar letter balloons with the graduation year are a fun way to add a pop of color and photo op to any party.
12. Or write messages on giant balloons: This DIY balloon message idea from Studio DIY would be a fun way to add color and creativity to your party. Swap out Hip Hip Hooray for a message like Good Luck Grad or Wish You Well.
13. Make drink stirrers with mini balloons: Like these from Oh Happy Day.
14. Display photos on giant boards
15. Make a memory photo display: Organized Pictures had a great idea of using a large display board to group photos of the graduate by age.
16. Decorate the stairway with photos and ribbon: I love how Beautiful by Design used paper and ribbon to hang photos from the banister.
17. Save time and stress by having lunch catered: If budget allows, catering the main meal is a great idea. We catered in Mexican food from a local restaurant for my Graduation Party, and we served Chipotle at our wedding. I see a theme here… 🙂
18. Mix things up with a morning breakfast bar: Instead of an afternoon open house, why not mix things up with a late morning open house complete with a breakfast bar.
19. Forgo cake for a cookie bar: Bake a variety of cookies, like these custom message cookies in fun colors, in lieu of a normal cake.
20. Send guests home with their own class ring: My Life at Naptime had a candy bar with class ring pops. What a fun idea!
21. Give money or small gifts in a giant balloon: If you are gifting money, wrap the money in a giant balloon that that graduate has to pop to open.
Mary Leigh says
These are all really excellent ideas! I love so many of them. I think the Jenga game is really unique and something they will enjoy for years to come!
Sarah Althouse says
We did the Jenga guest book for our wedding and we loved it!! It’s super cute for graduation too.
This is auch cool ideas. I wish I had this kind of thing when I graduated college. I love the ballon ideas as I’m a big fan and have to have them at any party I have.
As I was reading, I thought, I like that one, I’ll comment that that’s my favorite; but as I kept reading I found lots more favorites. I really like how they’re all affordable ideas
These look so great! I wish I could graduate all over again so I could have another party and use some of these ideas. Maybe after the masters degree! 🙂
These are all such adorable ideas! I wish I had thought of some of them when I was graduating, but I will definitely pass along to my younger cousins who are soon to be graduates. Thanks for the great ideas!
xx, Taylor (thesprinkle.tayloramead.com)