Today we are sharing a delicious and healthy appetizer idea, mini-muffin pan frittatas. These two-bite sized frittatas make a perfect appetizer because they can be made ahead of time and served either warm or at room temperature so they don’t have to take up precious oven space on Thanksgiving.
Starting with a basic recipe for frittatas from Family Fun we customized it bit. We wanted to bake ours in a mini-muffin pan instead of a regular sized one and used milk instead of half & half. This recipe made about 18 mini-muffin frittatas.
We made spinach and cheddar cheese frittatas, but you could use whatever flavors/vegetables your family loves. Kids will love to help with all the mixing as well as coming up with the mix in ideas!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach thawed & drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the spinach and cheese and mix until well blended.
4. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full.
5. Optional: sprinkle some extra cheese on the tops of the frittatas before you bake them.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The frittatas will have puffed up and the edges will be golden brown.
Let them sit at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini-muffin pan. Enjoy and be ready for these tasty appetizers to be eaten up quickly!