For a friend’s recent housewarming party we offered to bring a dessert. We didn’t have time to bake, but we did have time to craft so we created these little houses to grace our bakery bought cupcakes.
To make these you’ll need:
1″ squares in at least two colors
A 1/4″ strip of paper
Food picks/skewers (tooth picks, lollipop sticks, and straws work great too)
A fine point marker
1. Chose the color you’d like for your roof. Cut those squares in half on the diagonal.
2. They are now large enough to serve as the roof.
3. Glue the roof onto the other square.
4. Make your door by gluing on the 1/4″ strip.
5. Cut off the excess 1/4″ strip.
6. Make window by cutting a tiny rectangle or square out of the 1/4″ strip. Glue your window to the house.
Add a doorknob and window accents with your maker if you like and then attach it to your food pick.
We got a bit creative using paper punches and different colors too. Before you know it you’ll have made a whole neighborhood to go on top of your cupcakes.