Today’s recipe is one good for any part of your Thanksgiving celebration no matter if it’s served before, during or after the big meal it will be a big hit. Thanksgiving Blessings Trail Mix is a simple way to help remember what this holiday is really about. Each ingredient is carefully chosen to serve as a symbol of Thanksgiving.
Mix the ingredients in whatever proportions you think your guests would most enjoy.
- Bugles- shaped like a cornucopia, a symbol of our nation’s abundance.
- Nuts & Seeds- promise of a future harvest and growth.
- Pretzels- arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
- Candy corn- sacrifices of the pilgrims first winter. Settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
- Dried fruit- harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
- M&Ms- memories of those who came before us to guide us to a bright future.
- Chocolate kisses- reminder of the love of family and friends that sweeten our lives.
We’re sharing our Thanksgiving Blessings Trail Mix Sign which you can download here. You can put it next to your bowl of trail mix so all of your guests know why all of the ingredients were chosen. Ours measured 5×7 inches.